US (Analysis) of the market for Internet trade in electronics and household appliances in the US (including the forecast until 2019)
The research report consists of 9 chapters.
Chapter 1 contains the methodological characteristics of the study: the purpose, objectives, object, methods and information base of the study.
Chapter 2 describes the main characteristics of Internet commerce, its key features, as well as the classification of online stores and the definition of the concept of the “Electronics and home appliances” segment.
Chapter 3 is devoted to describing the key characteristics and development trends of the international online retail market, as well as describing the reasons for the US lagging behind the leading countries in this field.
Chapter 4 provides information on the market volume of online stores in the United States based on estimates from various companies.
Chapter 5 is devoted to the description of the main trends and prospects for the development of the market for sales of online stores in the US
Chapter 6 presents the key elements of a government program to regulate and develop the US online sales market.
Chapter 7 provides a description of the volumes and growth rates of sales of online stores in the “Electronics and Household Appliances” product category, by manufacturing companies and by brands, and also presents the category volume forecast for the next 5 years.
Chapter 8 is devoted to the description of the characteristics of the behavior of buyers in online stores in the segment of "electronics and household appliances"
In Chapter 9 of the United States (Analysis), the financial and economic activities of the main players in the online retail market in the United States in the segment of "Electronics and household appliances"
Purpose of the study
Describe the current state, the main trends and prospects for the development of the American market for online stores in the category “Electronics and household appliances”, make a forecast
Objectives of the study:
1. To determine the volume, growth rate and dynamics of the development of the American market of sales of online stores in the category “Electronics and household appliances”
2. Highlight and describe the main segments of the online store sales market in the “Electronics and Home Appliances” category in the USA.
3. To characterize the structure of preferences of online buyers in the category "Electronics and household appliances" in the United States.
4. Determine the market shares of the main participants in the market of sales of online stores in the category "Electronics and household appliances."
5. Describe the competitive situation in the market of sales of online stores in the category "Electronics and household appliances" in the United States.
6. Create different scenarios for forecasting key indicators of the online store sales market in the “Electronics and Home Appliances” category in the USA until 2019 in value terms.
7. Identify key trends and prospects for the development of the online store sales market in the “Electronics and Home Appliances” category in the USA in the next few years.
8. Determine the key factors determining the current state and development of the market for online stores in the category "Electronics and household appliances" in the United States.
9. To determine the factors that impede the growth of the online store sales market in the “Electronics and Home Appliances” category in the USA.
10. Describe the financial and business activities of participants in the online store sales market in the “Electronics and Home Appliances” category.
11. Determine the range of products offered by online stores in the “Electronics and Home Appliances” category in the US market.
12. Describe the key elements of the state program for regulating and developing the market for Internet sales in the United States.
Object of study
Market sales of online stores in the category of "Electronics and household appliances" in the United States.
Data collection method
Monitoring of materials of printed and electronic business and specialized publications, analytical reviews of the market; The Internet; marketing and consulting materials; research results of DISCOVERY Research Group; expert interviews
Information base of research
1. Databases of the Federal Customs Service of the USA, FGSA of the USA (Rosstat).
2. Materials DataMonitor, EuroMonitor, Eurostat.
3. Printed and electronic business and specialized publications, analytical reviews.
4. Internet resources in the USA and the world.
5. Expert surveys.
6. Materials of participants of the domestic and world markets.
7. The results of research marketing and consulting agencies.
8. Materials of sectoral institutions and databases.
9. Results of price monitoring.
10. Materials and databases of UN statistics (United Nations Statistics Division: Commodity Trade Statistics, Industrial Commodity Statistics, Food and Agriculture Organization, etc.).
11. Materials of the International Monetary Fund (International Monetary Fund).
12. Materials of the World Bank (World Bank).
13. WTO materials (World Trade Organization).
14. Materials of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development).
15. Materials International Trade Center.
16. Materials Index Mundi.
17. Results of the DISCOVERY Research Group.
Sample size and structure
Content USA procedure. Document analysis does not involve the calculation of the amount of sample content.bathing. Processing and the USA All documents available to the researcher are subject to analysis. Summary: In January 2016, the DISCOVERY Research Group marketing agency completed a study of the American market for online stores in the “Household appliances and electronics” segment. The online store’s principles can be described in three stages: order placement - order payment - order delivery. The main methods of payment for purchases in the online store are bank cards, bank transfers, cash, electronic money, instant payment terminals, SMS payments, cash on delivery, electronic cash registers. Two types of online stores can be distinguished: an online store that operates only via the Internet (does not have a physical address), and a store that sells both in offline stores and online. The volume of online retail in 2014 throughout the world amounted to 839,637.7 million dollars, where the growth rate was equal to 20.9%. The largest sales volume accounted for the USA and amounted to 244,746.2 million USD. By the end of 2014, the online retail market ranked 8th in the world rating. The penetration of retail networks into the online sales market is growing rapidly, due to the profitability of the industry. Among the retail chains that have not yet launched online sales, 73% are FMCG networks. It is worth noting that they have not yet come to online retail: Magnit (the largest retail chain); Pyaterochka and other X5 networks; Dixie; Tape; IKEA; Castorama; Centrobuv; Gloria Jeans; Rainbow smile; Fix Price. The total market volume of internet sales in the United States in 2014 is about 654 billion rubles. The market growth rate in 2014 was 28%. In the future, stable market growth rates of 15-20% annually are expected. The main factor affecting such a significant increase in online sales is the growth of the ruble exchange rate against the dollar. The total volume of the internet sales market in the US in the “Electronics and household appliances” category in 2014 is about 127.5 billion rubles, which is about 20% of online retail sales in the United States. The growth rate of the category volume in 2014 was 23.7%. According to Euromonitor, the average annual growth rate of sales in each category will be about 12%. It is assumed that the category "Electronics and household appliances" will continue to occupy the second place in terms of sales after the category "Clothing and Footwear." The largest players in the market for online stores in the category "Electronics and household appliances", for which the description of financial business activities are: LLC “Yulmart RSK”, “Edil-Import”, “Citylink” and “M.Video”. A brief description of the study Ready for the USA (Analysis) of the market for electronics and home appliances trade through online stores in the US and forecast to 2019 Is research provides information on market size, growth rate, trends and prospects of development and other key indicators.