Purpose of the study
To characterize the current state and development prospects of the IP telephony market in the USA.
Objectives of the study:
1. To define IP telephony and describe its main characteristics.
2. Highlight the benefits of IP telephony.
3. Describe the general situation in the global IP telephony market.
4. Determine the volume of the American IP telephony market.
5. Determine the growth rate of the American IP telephony market.
6. Predict the size of the market for IP-telephony in the United States until 2021
7. Highlight the main trends in the market for IP-telephony in the United States.
8. Describe the general situation in the corporate IP telephony market in the USA.
9. Describe the main events of the IP telephony market in the USA.
10. Describe the state of the market for IP telephony equipment in the United States.
11. Highlight the major players in the market for IP-telephony in the United States.
12. Highlight the market shares of the main participants in the market for IP-telephony in the United States.
Object of study
IP telephony market in the USA ..
Collection Method and US Data Analysis
The main method of data collection is the monitoring of documents.
The main methods of the USA Data analysis are the so-called (1) traditional (qualitative) content-US (Analysis) interviews and documents and (2) quantitative (quantitative) US (Analysis) using software packages that our agency has access to.
Content USA (Analysis) is performed as part of Desk Research (desk research). In general, the purpose of a desk study is to review the situation on the IP telephony market and obtain (calculate) indicators characterizing its state now and in the future.
US Method Data Analysis
1. Databases of the Federal Customs Service of the USA, FGSA of the USA (Rosstat).
2. Materials DataMonitor, EuroMonitor, Eurostat.
3. Printed and electronic business and specialized publications, analytical reviews.
4. Internet resources in the USA and the world.
5. Expert surveys.
6. Materials of participants of the domestic and world markets.
7. The results of research marketing and consulting agencies.
8. Materials of sectoral institutions and databases.
9. Results of price monitoring.
10. Materials and databases of UN statistics (United Nations Statistics Division: Commodity Trade Statistics, Industrial Commodity Statistics, Food and Agriculture Organization, etc.).
11. Materials of the International Monetary Fund (International Monetary Fund).
12. Materials of the World Bank (World Bank).
13. WTO materials (World Trade Organization).
14. Materials of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development).
15. Materials International Trade Center.
16. Materials Index Mundi.
17. Results of the DISCOVERY Research Group.
Sample size and structure
Content USA procedure. Document analysis does not involve the calculation of the volume of the sample. Processing and the USA All documents available to the researcher are subject to analysis.
In January 2018, the marketing research agency DISCOVERY Research Group completed a study of the IP telephony market in the United States.
In 2017, the global volume of IP telephony services reached 82.7 billion US dollars. The number of startups in the field of IP telephony is increasing in the world. In 2011, they created 150 million new projects related to cloud technologies and the use of VoIP technology, and by the end of 2017 there are over 1.3 billion of them.
At the end of 2017, the volume of the IP telephony market in the USA is estimated at 7.9 billion rubles. At the beginning of 2017, the market volume of virtual PBXs amounted to 3.8 billion rubles, and the average annual market growth rate was 30%.
At the same time, American business will continue to abandon fixed telephony in favor of IP telephony - the total profit from the provision of wireline telephone services will continue to steadily decrease by about 2% per year.
On the whole, the American market of IP telephony, although lagging behind the world market (according to expert estimates by 1-3 years), is developing in the framework of global trends.
The growth of the virtual PBX market in the USA will continue and in 2021 will reach a volume of 9.7 billion rubles. In general, the market for IP-telephony in the United States by 2021 will grow to 14.2 billion rubles by 2021.
The current regulation of the communications industry in the United States has a pronounced “telephone character”, which forces operators to build networks according to the rules of telephone hierarchy. This is contrary to the idea of the development of IP networks, peer-to-peer in nature. And the interests of business and users dictate to operators the need to develop IP networks, IP technologies and IP services, including IP telephony.
The market volume of telecommunications services (telecommunications) in the USA in 2016 amounted to 1,681 billion rubles. Since 2012, a decrease in the growth rate of the communications market has been observed. In 2012, the growth was 7.4%, and in 2016 it was 0.5%. By the end of 2017, an increase of 0.2% is expected. The market volume of fixed-line services decreases with the reduction in the number of users among the population. According to the calculations of the Discovery Research Group, the volume of the local telephone communication services market in 2016 in value terms amounted to 122.7 billion rubles.
The number of Internet users in the US is availableneedle 72.8 million. in 2017, by 2020 it will grow to 86.7 million people. At the end of November 2017, it became known that the United States is among the top ten countries with the cheapest broadband Internet in the world. United States in the list in third place. According to an interactive map showing prices in terms of exchange rates at the end of November 2017, the average monthly fee for broadband access in the US is $ 9.82. According to mobile operators in the US, the number one messenger is WhatsApp, it is used by 68.7% of Beeline customers and 47.6% of MegaFon subscribers. Viber is in second place with 45.7% and 39.7% respectively. They are ahead of Skype (12.1% and 17.9%, respectively). Most telecom operators are reorienting to the corporate segment. For enterprises and organizations it is not yet possible not to have a city number. Taking into account the fact that new cable offices are under construction, the telephone cable is laid out optionally, but the data transmission network is mandatory, the development of the corporate sector of IP telephony will continue further. At the beginning of 2017, the leader in the number of clients in the US virtual PBX market, Mango Telecom - 25% market share. Next comes MTS - 16%. In third place is the company UIScom - 11%. Further, Telfin, like Zebra Telecom, has 10% of the market. MTT - 9.8%, MCN Telecom occupies 4.7% of the market. The newcomer of the market - Yandex.Telephony - 4.5%. Other companies occupy 7.4% of the market. A brief description of the study is Ready USA (Analysis) of the US IP telephony market. The study contains information on the market volume, growth rates, trends and development prospects and other key indicators.